WHAT’S THAT ?
A platform for the promotion of artists
A reward ceremony
Swiss Live Talents takes place every 2 years and aims to promote emerging Swiss artists, both nationally and internationally. The first two editions have been sufficient to establish the event as the leading springboard of Swiss live music.
An important network of partnerships links « Swiss Live Talents » with big and famous festivals such as Sziget in Hungary, Mondo NYC in New York, Exit Festival in Serbia, Electric PicNic in Ireland, ILMC in London and many more.
A nomination or award in a « Swiss Live Talents » category, is more than just a prize, as it brings many opportunities to perform in the most important clubs and festivals, both in Switzerland and abroad.
For this purpose, a panel of club- and festival- programmers from all over Switzerland will select five nominees per category. The nominated artists will be invited to perform on stage as part of the very first « Swiss Live Talents – Music Marathon », a unique event that will take place in Berne on November 17 and 18, 2017 and a great opportunity to be seen, heard and discovered by an international jury.
Registered bands in 2017
Total prizes amount
ENGRAZIA FETG – DANKE – GRAZIE – MERCI – THANKS
ARTIST REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED !
IT’S NOW TIME FOR OUR NATIONAL JURY TO MEET !
NATIONAL JURY MEMBERS 2017
to elect 5 Nominees for each music genre
|Pop Indie Folk Songwriter|
|Laurent Nicolas||Jval festival||Begnins|
|Daniel (`Duex)||Bad Bonn / Kilbi||Duedingen|
|Severo Marchionne||Swiss Pop||Basel|
|Raphael Martin||Crock The Rock||Etagnières|
|Sebastien Olesen||Palp Festival||Martigny|
|Rahel ‘Zora’ Hürlimann||Frauenraum||Bern|
|Xavière Sennac||La Superette / Case à Chocs||Neuchâtel|
|Filippo Corbella||Longlake & Elettrolake Festival||Lugano|
|Biru Bee||Club Bonsoir||Bern|
|Raphael Spiess||Südpol Musik Tanz Theater||Kriens|
|Urban Hip-Hop Groove Reggae|
|Arnaud – Bee Flat||Bee Flat / Turnhalle / Progr||Bern|
|Tanya Gavrancic||Casino / Musikrat SMR||Basel|
|Alexandre Hugli||Les Docks||Lausanne|
|Damien Testuz||Rocking Chair||Vevey|
|Danilo Bavier (POP)||RTR||Chur|
|Priscille Alber||Chat Noir / Voix de Fête||Genève|
|Christoph Spicher||Zermatt Unplugged||Zermatt|
4 MUSIC GENRES
+ 5 SPECIAL AWARDS
1. Registrations – until April 3, 2017 at midnight –
Bands and atrists can register via swisslivetalents.ch for one of the following 4 genres:
• Pop : Indie : Folk : Songwriting + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• Rock : Metal + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• Electro : Dance + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• Urban : Hip-Hop : Groove : Reggae + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• 5 selection committees – featuring important clubs and festivals programmers from all over Switzerland as well as media representatives – will select 5 nominees for each of the 5 prizes.
• all members of the different selection committees, 25 people in total, will propose 5 nominees for each these two prizes.
• ‘Public Award’: from May 17, to September 17, 2017, the public will be able to vote by Internet among all the registered artists to elect 5 nominees.
3. Announcement of the nominated acts
• The nominees will be announced in May 2017.
• ‘Public Award’: The 5 nominees will be announced in September 2017.
• All nominated artists will be invited to participate in a promotion session during summer 2017.
5. Final Jury
• A jury of 25 people, featuring programmers and representatives of the biggest and most prestigious festivals as well as members of Swiss and international media will be invited to Bern to elect the winner of each prize.
• ‘Public Award’: from October 1, to November 17, the public will be invited to vote for one of the 5 nominees for this prize.
• FOUNDATION SUISA Award: FOUNDATION SUISA will award the best musical composition among all nominated artists.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – LIVE @ ROCK OZ’ARENES (August 09-12, 2017)
The Rock Oz’Arènes festival in Avenches will feature a stage dedicated to SLT nominated artists. The festival’s programming team will define a selection of ‘live’ artists, according to musical needs of each evening.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – LIVE @ SZIGET FESTIVAL (09-15 August 2017)
SZIGET festival in Budapest (Hungary) will invite a SLT 2017 nominated artist to perform on the ‘Sziget Europe Stage’.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – MUSIC MARATHON (November 17-18, 2017)
A celebration dedicated to Swiss contemporary music, open to the public, will take place during 2 days in 6 trendy venues of Berne (Turnhalle, ISC, Dachstock, Rössli, Frauenraum, Club Bonsoir). This event, supported by the City of Bern’s Cultural Services and the Swiss Federal Office of Culture, will also be dedicated to Swiss and international professionals who will be able to discover various places and attend over 30 high quality live concerts by the nominated artists. The Italian speaking part of Switzerland, canton Ticino, will be guest of honour and present its incredible musical potential still to be discovered. Interactive workshops conducted by presenters of the live music scenes of London, New York and by SUISA will be open to the public.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – AWARDS (18 November 2017)
The SWISS LIVE TALENTS 2017 award ceremony will take place on Saturday, November 18 and will be attended by the international jury of course as well as many programmers of the most important clubs and festivals.
Founded it 1993, Sziget Festival takes place on well-known Obuda Island in beautiful Budapest. The festival welcomes up to 80’000 visitors a day, hailing from all over the world. It was rewarded with several titles amongst them ‚Best Major European Festival‘ (2011, 2014), « Best European Line-Up » (2015) and ‚Artist’s Favorite Festival‘ (2016). The programme is many-faceted to say the least, ranging from international pop- and rockstars to newcomers and raising stars, from world music and jazz to classical music, from circus to dance performances to street theater, from art exhibitions to workshops to sports activities.
Swiss Live Talent goes Talent Stage @ Sziget Festival
Europe – or Talent Stage – is one of the 8 main stages, and fully dedicated to the european newcomer bands. It is the right place to discover Europe’s biggest talents presenting themselves to the international community of Szitizens.
Swiss Live Talents teamed up with Sziget festival to send one of this year’s nominees to play a gig on the Island of Freedom.