– until April 3, 2017 at midnight –
Bands and atrists can register via swisslivetalents.ch for one of the following 4 genres:
• Pop : Indie : Folk : Songwriting + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• Rock : Metal + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• Electro : Dance + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• Urban : Hip-Hop : Groove : Reggae + option National Language (german, french, italian, romanch)
• 5 selection committees – featuring important clubs and festivals programmers from all over Switzerland as well as media representatives – will select 5 nominees for each of the 5 prizes.
• all members of the different selection committees, 25 people in total, will propose 5 nominees for each these two prizes.
• ‘Public Award’: from May 17, to September 17, 2017, the public will be able to vote by Internet among all the registered artists to elect 5 nominees.
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF THE NOMINATED ACTS
• The nominees will be announced in May 2017.
• ‘Public Award’: The 5 nominees will be announced in September 2017.
• All nominated artists will be invited to participate in a promotion session during summer 2017.
5. FINAL JURY
• A jury of 25 people, featuring programmers and representatives of the biggest and most prestigious festivals as well as members of Swiss and international media will be invited to Bern to elect the winner of each prize.
• ‘Public Award’: from October 1, to November 17, the public will be invited to vote for one of the 5 nominees for this prize.
• FOUNDATION SUISA Award: FOUNDATION SUISA will award the best musical composition among all nominated artists.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – LIVE @ ROCK OZ’ARENES (August 09-12, 2017)
The Rock Oz’Arènes festival in Avenches will feature a stage dedicated to SLT nominated artists. The festival’s programming team will define a selection of ‘live’ artists, according to musical needs of each evening.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – LIVE @ SZIGET FESTIVAL (09-15 August 2017)
SZIGET festival in Budapest (Hungary) will invite a SLT 2017 nominated artist to perform on the ‘Sziget Europe Stage’.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – MUSIC MARATHON (November 17-18, 2017)
A celebration dedicated to Swiss contemporary music, open to the public, will take place during 2 days in 6 trendy venues of Berne (Turnhalle, ISC, Dachstock, Rössli, Frauenraum, Club Bonsoir). This event, supported by the City of Bern’s Cultural Services and the Swiss Federal Office of Culture, will also be dedicated to Swiss and international professionals who will be able to discover various places and attend over 30 high quality live concerts by the nominated artists. The Italian speaking part of Switzerland, canton Ticino, will be guest of honour and present its incredible musical potential still to be discovered. Interactive workshops conducted by presenters of the live music scenes of London, New York and by SUISA will be open to the public.
• SWISS LIVE TALENTS – AWARDS (18 November 2017)
The SWISS LIVE TALENTS 2017 award ceremony will take place on Saturday, November 18 and will be attended by the international jury of course as well as many programmers of the most important clubs and festivals.